THE FROZEN ARK PROJECT
Saving the DNA and viable cells of the worldʼs endangered species
WELCOME TO THE FROZEN ARK
The Frozen Ark Project strives towards a world where extinction rates are sustainable and not created by man. Where the beauty, splendour and practical solutions found in all species is noted and used by man for the good of mankind and for the good of all life on Earth.
To safeguard the genetic material of endangered animals for their conservation and for the benefit of future generations.
To collect, preserve and conserve tissue, gametes, viable cells, and DNA of animal species facing extinction by providing infrastructure, expertise, partnership and coordination for endangered animal biobanking.
- to facilitate and promote the conservation of tissue, cells and DNA from endangered animals;
- to provide a portal where information can be accessed on samples already stored and available and where advice on biobanking for endangered species is provided;
- to improve methods of collecting, storing, preserving and providing samples;
- to make biological material available to help combat genetic erosion in conservation programmes;
- to safeguard important genetic material for scientific research, for the advancement of knowledge and for the benefit of humankind;
- to disseminate information about the current extinction crisis, its consequences for genetic biodiversity across the planet and on how genetic management of endangered species can help their fight for survival.
The answers have been released! 🤩
Let us know how many you guessed in the comments below 👇
#emojiquiz #emoji #quiz #animals #animalquiz #species #braingames #emojigame #puzzle #conservation #wildlife #wildlifeconservation #nature #brainteasers #desert https://t.co/E54tBvH6D5
Can you guess the name of the species based on these emojis? 🤓
Think you've got them all? Tag your friends to see if they can get as many as you!
Answers will be released on Monday! #DesertTheme
#emojigame #puzzle #conservation #wildlife #wildlifeconservation #nature https://t.co/BkkxaqOnus
✨ MAZE GAME ✨
Help us get the animals into the ark!
Carrying on with our #DesertTheme we've made mazes for you to complete using the drawings sent to us from the #FrozenArtProject!
Check out our other activities here: https://t.co/a0zqKJ2jcz https://t.co/gLJsTgvoOr
Please tell us what you know (or don’t know!) about #biodiversity and #biobanking. Quick online quiz to help us improve our #publicengagement activities https://t.co/Levz00TQGV #ARKS21stCentury #ISSF3 @MolEcolCU @CUBiosciences @CUBLSResearch @cryoarks https://t.co/GUpNsvIUj3
Zoom team meeting to introduce and welcome Oluwatoyin, Cléa, Lydia, Rhian and Hollie, the new Frozen Ark placement students that will be starting in October. We are looking forward to working with all of you! @MolEcolCU @CUBiosciences @UniofNottingham @UniofBath @TrentUni https://t.co/rTuBXwpybt
THE ARK IN NUMBERS