THE FROZEN ARK PROJECT
Saving the DNA and viable cells of the worldʼs endangered species
WELCOME TO THE FROZEN ARK
The Frozen Ark Project strives towards a world where extinction rates are sustainable and not created by man. Where the beauty, splendour and practical solutions found in all species is noted and used by man for the good of mankind and for the good of all life on Earth.
To safeguard the genetic material of endangered animals for their conservation and for the benefit of future generations.
To collect, preserve and conserve tissue, gametes, viable cells, and DNA of animal species facing extinction by providing infrastructure, expertise, partnership and coordination for endangered animal biobanking.
- to facilitate and promote the conservation of tissue, cells and DNA from endangered animals;
- to provide a portal where information can be accessed on samples already stored and available and where advice on biobanking for endangered species is provided;
- to improve methods of collecting, storing, preserving and providing samples;
- to make biological material available to help combat genetic erosion in conservation programmes;
- to safeguard important genetic material for scientific research, for the advancement of knowledge and for the benefit of humankind;
- to disseminate information about the current extinction crisis, its consequences for genetic biodiversity across the planet and on how genetic management of endangered species can help their fight for survival.
Have you completed our quick quiz online about #biodiversity and #biobanking? Please share far and wide #ARKS21stCentury #ISSF3 @MolEcolCU @CUBiosciences @CUBLSResearch @cryoarks #publicengagement https://t.co/PUpmy4DDvy
Please tell us what you know (or don’t know!) about #biodiversity and #biobanking. Quick online quiz to help us improve our #publicengagement activities https://t.co/Levz00TQGV #ARKS21stCentury #ISSF3 @MolEcolCU @CUBiosciences @CUBLSResearch @cryoarks https://t.co/GUpNsvIUj3
SAVE THE DATE🗓! Would you like to help design a ‘Virtual Ark’ for animals facing extinction? Join us & artist @Origin010 on 5 August for a FREE online session where Science 🧬meets Art 🎨! #ARKS21stCentury #ISSF3 @MolEcolCU @CUBiosciences @CUBLSResearch
THE ARK IN NUMBERS