THE FROZEN ARK PROJECT
Saving the DNA and viable cells of the worldʼs endangered species
WELCOME TO THE FROZEN ARK
The Frozen Ark Project strives towards a world where extinction rates are sustainable and not created by man. Where the beauty, splendour and practical solutions found in all species is noted and used by man for the good of mankind and for the good of all life on Earth.
To safeguard the genetic material of endangered animals for their conservation and for the benefit of future generations.
To collect, preserve and conserve tissue, gametes, viable cells, and DNA of animal species facing extinction by providing infrastructure, expertise, partnership and coordination for endangered animal biobanking.
- to facilitate and promote the conservation of tissue, cells and DNA from endangered animals;
- to provide a portal where information can be accessed on samples already stored and available and where advice on biobanking for endangered species is provided;
- to improve methods of collecting, storing, preserving and providing samples;
- to make biological material available to help combat genetic erosion in conservation programmes;
- to safeguard important genetic material for scientific research, for the advancement of knowledge and for the benefit of humankind;
- to disseminate information about the current extinction crisis, its consequences for genetic biodiversity across the planet and on how genetic management of endangered species can help their fight for survival.
📻Worth a listen! Podcast developed by our former PTY student @AndiBeazer & his colleagues @UniofBath for a Masters course. Mentions #biodiversity #biobanking #conservation #research #frozenark @frozenzoo @kewgardens #MilleniumSeedBank @vincentwildlife @NatureBftB @wwf_uk 📻 https://t.co/vk5GfxLRej
The PTY's in both Cardiff and Nottingham have been busy this week with @CdfScienceFest and @NottsFOSAC teaching the masses about all things DNA, conservation and biobanking. Here's a behind the scenes of Tuesday in Nottingham.🧬
#ARKS21stCentury #FOSAC https://t.co/8wAyiapBIT
Thank you so much to everyone who visited #ARKS21stCentury during the @CdfScienceFest ! It was inspiring to see the full attention given to our team by so many of our younger audience, but also their excitement in sharing something back. #TwoWayEngagement #futurescientists #ISSF3 https://t.co/CSEKiXjNdN
In Part Nine of the interview between @MikeBruford and @DrJonesWales we hear about the various ways that the public can help Frozen Ark in our research and how to learn more about what we do.
Website: https://t.co/a0zqKIKHNZ https://t.co/OVY8JroJi5
THE ARK IN NUMBERS
Stay updated with the latest news